1. Not checking your credit score
2. Not getting pre-qualified 1st
3. Not knowing what you can afford, creating a budget
4. Failing to consider additional expenses, hidden costs
5. Being too picky about wanting everything on your wish list
6. Not using professional- REALTOR ®, loan professional, inspectors etc
7. Not being able to compromise- if the roles were reversed, if you were the seller, what would you do with the buyers offer?
8. Not keeping your financial status exactly the same from pre-qualification date to closing date
9. Not thinking about the future. Will you out grow the home? What will the neighborhood be like in 1, 5, 10 yrs? Will you be able to sell when you want to?
10. Not considering if the location is the right location for you and possible future resale purposes. Remember the real estate adage…. “location, location, location”