2. Clean up, de-clutter, give it away or toss it
3. Make obvious repairs and improvements, possibly paint. Don’t do a full remodel but any minor improvements to make more presentable
4. Know your selling points, both physical and emotional characteristics. Why did you buy it?
5. Hiring a REALTOR ®
6. Reviewing with REALTOR ® a home marketing plan, including when Price adjustment will occur
7. Stay on top of the relevant real estate market, most important is your neighborhood, then city, state and national markets and conditions
8. Know how to show your home. Be a good host. When you know showings are going to occur set the mood with lighting, smells and make sure the AC is set to a comfortable temperature
9. Be prepared to negotiate an offer. Always have options. Don’t say no if you don’t like the offer. Always counter. Know what’s important to the buyer.
10. Close quickly and cleanly. During closing period provide disclosure paperwork and allow access for buyer’s inspection and appraisal quickly even when it might not be convenient to you